Tuesday, June 20 at 6:00 pm
Paper Arts “Inchies” Collage Workshop
Led by Linda Weinbaum. The name “inchies” is derived exactly from the technique used to create the work of art: “one inch squares.” Artists collect pieces of images from any and all sources – photos, magazines, fabric, calendars, postcards, poems, significant papers, letters etc. and assemble them in a grid to create a meaningful collage of aesthetics or memories or … The technique can be used on any surface – notebooks, greeting cards, wood panels, canvases etc. We will create a canvas ready to be mounted and hung. Please register for this program online or at the reference desk.
For the class it is best to come with these materials:
· 1 canvas board (9X12)
· a collection (Ziploc baggie, or envelope full ),of precut squares along with any interesting images, magazines, scrapbook papers etc. The squares do not have to be an exact square – in fact, this is not about precision, but about aesthetics and meaning
· Xerox copies (so as not to destroy the originals) of photos, birth certificates, letters etc. that you would like to incorporate in your collage
· Good pair of scissors
· You must bring your own adhesive: At least 2 Permanent glue sticks; OR Quick Drying tacky Glue OR jar of Golden’s Gel Matte Medium (not Liquitex brand).
· Paint brush
· Acrylic paint – white , black and any other color you wish
· Embellishments – any other small 3 dimensional decoration – button, charm, flower, broken jewelry etc.